Thanks to Married to the Sea.
They broke up. OHHHHH NOOOOOO!
From their website:
To all of our fans – We are sad to bring you the news that our upcoming shows in the UK are going to be our last as a band. We thank you for all your love and support these past few years – its been a blast but the time has come for the 4 of us to go our separate ways.
Read more about the split here.
Austin, Texas is three hours away from Dallas.
I live in Dallas.
Two people that I love live in Austin.
I miss them dearly.
This is their mix.
A Nostalgic Mix – For Shkel
- We Are Your Friends – Justice feat. Simian
- Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) – Arcade Fire
- The Hardest Button to Button – The White Stripes
- The City Has Sex – Bright Eyes
- Thank You For Sending Me An Angel – The Talking Heads
- Commerce, TX – Ben Kweller
- Annie Mae – The Twilight Singers
- Across The Sea – Weezer
- I Got You (At The End of the Century) – Wilco
- Grass – Animal Collective
- I Hope That I Don’t Fall In Love With You – Tom Waits
- Super Sexy Woman – Sufjan Stevens
- Dry The Rain – The Beta Band
- 10 Gallon Ascots – Tapes ‘n Tapes
Download: Mix for Shkel (.zip file)
That’s where I am. So, there won’t be very much coming out of here between today and the 26th – but coming up we have:
- TWO AWESOME RECORD REVIEWS
- Science tattoo exposé: super cool, or super…not? (hah)
- More music downloads, because we all love free music
Keep checking back, O faithful readers (all three of you). See you on the other side of summer…
I wish I were this cool. Is this the new “Never Gonna Give You Up”? Only time will tell.
Yay for the Comic of the Week!
This week’s laughs are courtesy of Toothpaste for Dinner.